Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Section: Music

Posted by Rachel 久允

edit: Just a note that I am in the process of changing my skin. I lost some widgets (lists, links, etc.) in the process and I'll restore those a.s.a.p., as well as finish tweaking the look, but right now, I am beat and need a nap. :P



No commentary post today—just a note to followers and visitors that I've added a small section at the bottom of my blog page. You'll notice for the sake of netiquette and my own sanity that I have the autoplay turned off. I'll leave it to you to listen at your own leisure. If you want to visit other sites and still have them playing, just open up a new tab or page and keep this one in the background. Enjoy!



References:

"FAX Me" by Yoko Kanno. From the soundtrack of the anime cyber-sci series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. An excellent incorporation of the music of everyday life into something classical.

"Ur So Gay" by Katy Perry. Mentions MySpace (as a verb). Music video shows the use of MySpace.

"White and Nerdy" by Weird Al Yankovic (parody of "Ridin' Dirty"). Mentions MySpace, JavaScript (a command language for web pages) and HTML (outdated hypertext code for web page design).

"Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit (originally by The Who). A Speak'N'Spell is used in the bridge.

"Numa Numa." Original video on YouTube. Featured on VH1's Greatest Internet Superstars.

"Chocolate Rain" by Tay Zonday. Another YouTube sensation, this artist also performed on Jimmy Kimmel. Remix by John Mayer, and cover by Chad Vader.

"Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. The medium of rickrolling. Astley himself participated in the rickrolling of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

0 comments:

Post a Comment